When I was in middle school, I could look in the mirror and psychologically remove myself from my body, and from this consumer-driven, make believe world we live in. Did you ever look in the mirror as a kid and think, "who is that and why was I put in this body?"
When I asked my mom that question, she shot a quizzical look my way and said, "no..." I thought I was a freak but now when I look in the mirror I can no longer acheive that totally objective and removed feeling. I think the reason comes from the fact that today I know who I am. My mom found it hard to relate probably because she has been so sure of the person that she is for so long now.
It took me so long to find me because I can never understand the world in which we live. We work. We develop a system of money. We classify people in categories like cattle. For what? What is society? I feel like society is the human invention of a sick game that no one wants to play anymore.
But, oddly enough there exists this human nature to relish strategy and games, and I want to play. We are all our own game pieces, so why not?
No comments:
Post a Comment