Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

On the Act of Meeting Someone...


I compare meeting new people to listening to a song. Think about it. I listen to music, and I hear a beat and tune that pleases the ear. It runs through your mind and quenches this demanding thirst you never knew you had. Then you give it another listen. You start to hear some of the words, and maybe you like them, or maybe you don't.
Recently, I have noticed someone at school. I liked our first conversation, and now I want to know more, just as I would replay a song to learn the lyrics. Only, I pray that I don't learn about this person like I had to learn about "A Team" by Ed Sheeran. The tune is absolutely ambrosial, but when you give it a few more listens, you find out the chick's on drugs!
Now, ideally everyone would turn out like the song "2AM or Just Breathe" by Anna Nalick. Every time I listen to that song, I find beautiful and meaningful simplicity, if that makes sense. Anyway, cheers to meeting new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment