Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What are your fears?

I used to say that I feared death, but I cannot say that anymore. What child does not fear dying, though? I think it was the poet John Donne who wrote "Death Be not Proud," in which he said he only feared the pain of dying and not what happens after death. I agree, because no one can never know what happens after death, why be afraid of it. Religions offer different solutions to that dilema(eternity in heaven or hell, reincarnation), and I am a good, Italian-Catholic daughter, but still...
Now I say my only fear is not knowing everything in the world. Or maybe it is not know everyone in the world. I still find some fallacy in this, because sometimes secrets provide me with the most entertainment. I guess, this latest fear takes root in that I want no unfinished business when I go. I heartily disagree that ignorance is bliss, I think knowledge is rewarding.
What are your fears?

No comments:

Post a Comment