In my sophomore year of highschool, shyness penetrated the very core of my being. I feared what others thought of me when I answered questions in Trigonometry or the way I ran in PE. Fear paralyzed me, and I won't lie to you, reader, it probably thanked the fact of my weight. Last year I made a change in my life and haven't since looked back. I became healthy. It started first with my mind and cleansed my entire body.
I finally liked myself for the person I was last November. I embraced me, but I felt I owed it to myself to be more. Long story short, i played a lot of tennis, and lost a lot of weight. But, that wasn't all that changed for me, I found my voice with a summer writing class. I ebraced this new mantra, "you'll regret it if you don't say it." I take that mantra to every class I attend and my participation grades thanked me.
If you dislike that little saying, chew on this. When you listen to sommeone give a presentation, how often do you genuinely care about their outfit, their smile, their studder, their weight? I'm not saying this to be mean, all I'm saying is I take more of an interest in what the person has to say and body follows mind.
If I just offended you, maybe I can make ammends with another suggestion? If you're too scared to talk and you get passed up for something lifechanging, you'll dote on the two words that dreams are made of and nightmares eat alive: "what if?"
For all those shy sophomore girls, for anyone with a numbing fear, I entreat you to spit in its face.
No comments:
Post a Comment