Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Don't Be Yourself: Pull a Bob

Now, I fully understand that this looks like the antithesis of sound advice, but if you tend to sway towards the shy side of life, like me, don't let it drag you dow. What I mean to say is not to let a shy attitude keep people from really seeing all of your potential.
For example, this summer I attended a summer session at an ivy league. I decided that five weeks was too short a portion of my life to miss out on anything. I then reconciled with myself to say hello to everyone. I call this, "pulling a Bob." Bob is a boy I met during the summer who started conversations with everyone. He gave off such an air of friendliness that everyone loved him: the professors, the RA's, and all of the other students. Think about it. You want people to know you and all of your accomplishments, so would they want the exact same thing. Maybe it's time to focus outward to focus inward, if that makes sense.
So, I challenge you to try it out tomorrow because the ephemerality of time would shock you. Pull a Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment